With the approach of summer in The Adirondacks, safety is our highest priority. Relaxation, privacy, and escape have always been our specialties, and despite the new challenges presented by COVID-19, we are fully prepared to offer our guests the luxury which they have come to love.
For our reopening on June 25th, we have been working with experts at the CDC, the New York State Department of Health, and the Office of the Governor to determine all appropriate safeguards for our guests and staff. In addition, we have also taken guidance from our global network of hospitality professionals, such as our partners at Relais & Châteaux, to ensure that your stay is more than just safe—it is grand.
Whether your perfect day is a cruise in our mahogany Hacker Craft or a quiet lean-to picnic with rosé and charcuterie, our Guest Services team is always available to help personally design your stay. We have further arranged for the following additions over and above our extensive offerings:
- Touchless check-in process including historic property tour, baggage assistance as desired, itinerary planning, and brief overview of the new steps we are taking to ensure your health and comfort
- Redesigned public areas to promote social distancing
- Touchless sanitizer locations in all public areas, and travel sanitizer bottles in guest room amenities
- Personal protective equipment available to all guests
- Enhanced outdoor activities such as expanded wilderness canoe and kayak routes with local guides, newly marked hiking trails, outdoor yoga sessions, and Geocaching scavenger hunts with Garmin GPS devices
Dining at The Point
Out of respect for CDC regulations, we are discontinuing communal dining at this time. Instead, we will be offering carefully selected private dining locations designed to give an equally wonderful atmosphere and sense of place. Our daily lunch and dinner menus will be as robust and creative as ever, featuring the best of regional and global ingredients. We will work individually with each guest to determine the ideal dining venue for their needs.
- Nightly private cocktail and dinner service in selected private locations, including in-room or private terrace.
- 4-course menu on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday
- 7-course tasting menu on Wednesday and Saturday
- Nightly bonfires with individually-wrapped s’more ingredients
- Reconfigured spacing in the Great Hall and on the Great Hall Terrace for safe distancing while overlooking the lake
- Redesigned Saturday Barbecue experience
- Bars staffed to promote less contact with high-touch areas
As one of the original Forbes Five Star properties and the first Relais & Châteaux in the United States, The Point has always maintained the highest level of cleanliness and sanitization. Additional modifications include:
- Staff health and temperature checks before beginning their shift each day
- Extra vigilant staff hand washing practices
- Personal protective equipment for staff while on property
- Enhanced sanitization of all activity equipment, including boats and vehicles, before and after guest use
- Higher-frequency cleaning and disinfection throughout all public areas including The Pub, The Great Hall, Camp David, The Boathouse docks, and The Gallery throughout the day
- Touchless sanitizer dispensers throughout all public areas and on each dining table, as well as included in guest room amenities.
- Specifically selected cleaning agents to reduce viral transmission on surfaces
- Deep cleaning and disinfection of guest rooms between visits
- Housekeeping service tailored to your desired level of staff contact
- Each room outfitted with MERV 13 rated air conditioner filters, able to filter out particles smaller than one micron for maximum air quality
In many ways, an experience at The Point will feel just as it always has: private, personal, and luxurious with anticipatory service. While we hope this sampling of our improved practices can help to set our guests at ease, please contact our reservations office in the event you have any specific questions. We look forward to welcoming you to this special place in the world: the Adirondacks.