With summer upon us in The Adirondacks, health and safety continues to be our highest priority. Relaxation, privacy, and escape have always been our specialties, and despite the challenges presented by COVID-19, we are fully prepared to offer our guests the luxury which they have come to love.
The Point continues to follow the guidelines, rules, and regulations provided by the CDC, the New York State Department of Health, and the Office of the Governor to determine all appropriate safeguards for our guests and staff. In addition, we have also taken guidance from our global network of hospitality professionals, such as our partners at Relais & Châteaux, to ensure that your stay is more than just safe—it is grand.
Whether your perfect day is enjoying a picnic lunch by a blazing fire or ice skating on the lake beside our ice bar, our guest service teams is available to perfectly design your stay. We have further arranged for the following additions over and above our extensive offerings:
- Touchless check-in process, baggage assistance as desired, and brief overview of the new steps we are taking to ensure your health and comfort
- At checkout, we do ask to have the room by 12:00 p.m.
- Touchless sanitizer locations in all public areas, and travel sanitizer bottles in guest room amenities
- Personal protective equipment available to all guests
- Laundry services have been temporarily suspended
Dining at The Point
Out of respect for CDC regulations, we are discontinuing communal dining at this time. Instead, we will be offering carefully selected private dining locations designed to give an equally wonderful atmosphere and sense of place. Our daily lunch and dinner menus will be as robust and creative as ever, featuring the best of regional and global ingredients. We will work individually with each guest to determine the ideal dining venue for their needs.
- Nightly cocktail and dinner service located in our great hall, or, served privately in your guest room
- 4-course menu on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday
- 7-course tasting menu on Wednesday and Saturday
- Nightly bonfires with individually wrapped s’more ingredients as well as personalized bonfires throughout the day in unique locations around the property
- Reconfigured spacing in the Great Hall and on the Great Hall Terrace for safe distancing while overlooking the lake
- Redesigned Saturday Barbecue experience
- Bars staffed to promote less contact with high-touch areas
As one of the original Forbes Five Star properties and the first Relais & Châteaux in the United States, The Point has always maintained the highest level of cleanliness and sanitization. The Point continues to provide this service for every guests' stay to ensure our guest rooms and public areas are pristine.
We're Ready, and We Want You to be Ready.
In many ways, an experience at The Point will feel just as it always has: private, personal, and luxurious with anticipatory service. While we hope this sampling of our improved practices can help to set our guests at ease, please contact our reservations office in the event you have any specific questions. We look forward to welcoming you to this special place in the world: the Adirondacks.